Do you want to access the PBS- Public Broadcasting Services on your device along with Apple TV, Roku TV, and other smart TVs? Well, it has been seen that some PBS video app users find it a little complicated to activate their PBS video app on different devices. But the fact is the PBS activation process is very simple. To help you with this, here we have mentioned-down the PBS Channel activation steps that you can follow to pbs.org/activate your account within a few seconds. Let’s have a look at those steps.
What Do You Mean By PBS?
If you don’t know much about PBS, well, it is a popular and inexpensive video streaming app that offers thousands of videos to stream online for free as well as on-demand. For example, you can watch all the episodes of Frontline, Masterpiece, Antique Roadshow, Nova, and more. If you compare it to other service providers, you will find that the channels available in the PBS Video app are very affordable. Some of the exclusive benefits that you will enjoy by activating the PBS video app are:
- Unlimited access to the conventional and antique TV series, films along with different featured programs.
- You can watch the local shows using a simple selection procedure offered by the affiliate station listings.
- You can benefit from suggestions and staff picks from PBS.
- One of the best things about PBS is it updates and renews its content regularly.
- With its Insider membership, you will receive regular updates from the available local station.
- You will enjoy high-quality HD video streaming.
Now you know all the features and benefits of PBS Video, let’s discuss the PBS Channel Activation process.
How to Activate PBS Video on Apple TV?
You can watch PBS videos and channels on your Apple TV, but first, you need to activate the app. Well, whether you have a PBS Passport membership plan or a normal plan, the process is the same. Carefully follow the below-mentioned steps:
- First, you need to download the PBS videos app from the Apple App Store. For that, open the App Store and then search for PBS. Now click on the Get option. It is completely free to download. If you are unable to locate the App Store on the TV, then you may be using an older model.
- After downloading and installing the app, you need to open the app from the home screen.
- Once opened, you can click on the Activate Now. When you click on that, you will see the activation code.
- Now, on your mobile phone or computer, open any browser and visit pbs.org/activate.
- There you need to put the activation code in the box.
- Once done, click on the Continue option.
- You can sign in using your Apple ID, Google, PBS, or Facebook account.
Congratulations! The PBS account has been activated, and you can start enjoying PBS videos.
Activating PBS Channel On Roku Device
To successfully activate your PBS video channel for the first time on your Roku device, you can have a look at the below instructions.
- First of all, turn on your Roku device and locate the PBS Video app that is pre-installed on your Roku device.
- Now you will see a screen asking you to activate the app. From there, you need to choose the Activate Now option.
- Once done, you will see another new screen with PBS channel activation instructions, and there, you will also find a 7-character activation code. It may be noted that every Roku device comes with its own unique code. So, before moving to the next step, prefer to double-check the code displayed on your screen.
- Now, considering your PBS activation code, you need to go from your smartphone to the computer. Open your web browser and type pbs.org/activate.
- You will be redirected to the PBS activation page.
- There you need to put the 6-digit alphanumeric code. Once done, click on the Continue option.
- On the next screen, you will be asked to sign in with PBS. For that, you can use your existing PBS account or your Google or Facebook account. Well, you can also create a pbs.org/activate new PBS account if you don’t have an account.
The PBS Channel Activation process is very simple. Follow the steps, activate it now, and get ready to enjoy HD video streaming.