Amazon Prime video being such an incredible video streaming platform sometimes dejects its users showing the error codes like ‘Error Code 1060’. This error won’t allow you to download or stream video content on Amazon Prime Video. Well the only question arises is why this error pops up creating hindrance to your entertainment. The answer is right here. This particular error with code 1060 falls out due to bandwidth issues. Well yes, to stream videos in good order you need adequate bandwidth on your device. For mobile phones, tablets or desktop, the minimum bandwidth that is required to stream is 900 Kbps. And, if you are streaming on to a Smart TV or Roku you will need a bandwidth of at least 3.5 Mbps.
So if the reason of you witnessing this error is the low bandwidth provided by your network service provider; first thing that you need to do is.
- Get a speed test done: Check the speed of your internet; there are various sites that can help you do this test on your own.
- Restart your router: unstable internet is also the cause of this error so restarting the router may help dealing with nonuniformities in the data.
- Put off the other programs using internet: Amazon Prime Video Error 1060 pops up due to low internet speed or in other words if the bandwidth to stream videos is not sufficient. So it is recommended to close other programs on your streaming device because those programs may be snapping up your bandwidth. So give a check to your computer and see if there are programs running. Close these programs (may be temporarily) and try streaming the videos again.
- Disable Proxy Server: Using a Proxy server can also be the cause of Error code 1060. Proxy server sometimes interferes with connecting to the Amazon Prime server and thus hampering your video streaming. Assuming this the reason; you need to disable the proxy server.
How to disable the proxy server?
- Open the Run window. Tou can use the shortcut Windows key + R.
- Type ms-settings:network-proxy and hit Enter.
- Under the Proxy Tab, navigate to the Manual Proxy setup.
- Search ‘Use a proxy server’ and uncheck the box to disable it.
- Further click OK and close the Settings menu.
- Restart your system and check if the error still persists.
One of the above steps must be the solution to the problem that you are facing in the terms of Error Code 1060. If your video streaming doesn’t get back to normal even after implementing all above measures you can seek help from the Amazon Prime Video Support.